Polish Cardiac Society
Starting in 1949, the cardiological community began efforts to formalise its activities. The result was the founding of the Polish Cardiac Society (PTK) in 1954. The necessity of founding the Society was quickly confirmed by the establishment of more and more branches bringing together a growing number of physicians. Currently, the PTK includes 5,500 members. It conducts research activities, educates and popularizes knowledge in the field of cardiology. It does all this by following our mission statement, which is to prevent and combat heart and vascular diseases through involvement in innovative solutions enabling the development and education of both the medical community and society.